The Easiest Stove Top Mac n CheeseCourse: Recipes
Indulge in the ultimate comfort food with this easy-to-follow recipe for Creamy Cheesy Chicken Tenders and Macaroni. Discover the secret to a luxuriously smooth cheese sauce by shallow boiling the macaroni, resulting in a creamy texture that perfectly coats each noodle. Say goodbye to worries about your milk curdling, as the addition of evaporated milk ensures a velvety sauce that stays luscious throughout. Tender baked chicken tenders and nutrient-rich. Perfect for any occasion, this dish is sure to become a go-to favourite. Prepare to delight your taste buds with the ultimate comfort food experience
1 pound elbow macaroni
2 cups water
1 pack of “Best Dressed Chicken’s” Breaded Chicken Tenders
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 can (12 ounces) of evaporated milk
1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 grated Gruyere cheese
1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
2 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- Preheat an air fryer to 400 degrees. If you don’t have an air fryer, follow the cooking instructions on the chicken tenders package for oven preparation.
- Place the chicken tenders in the air fryer and bake for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a large shallow skillet or sauté pan, cook the macaroni with 2 cups of water until most of the water has evaporated and the macaroni is halfway cooked or al dente.
- Add evaporated milk to the skillet and continue cooking until the macaroni is tender and the milk has thickened.
- Stir in the mustard, garlic powder, onion powder, and cayenne pepper (if desired).
- Add the cheddar, gruyere, and parmesan cheeses to the skillet, stirring until all the cheeses are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Optionally, stir in the chopped cooked broccoli florets for added crunch and nutrients.
- Slice the cooked chicken tenders into small pieces and either mix them into the macaroni and cheese or add them on top of individual servings.
- 10. Stir well to combine, or serve the chicken tenders on top of the macaroni and cheese.
- Enjoy your delicious chicken tenders and macaroni and cheese!